What is a Non-Traditional Occupation?
Any occupation in which women or men comprise 25 percent or less of the occupation’s total employment force is considered non-traditional. This definition comes from the U.S. Department of Labor, and refers directly to individuals working in a specific occupation, not to students enrolled in a career or technical education program.
Pursue a Non-Traditional Career at Old Colony
- Choose the vocational shop that is right for you!
- Don’t let your gender get in the way of a great career.
- Each year, more and more people look to break tradition when it comes to their future.
- It takes courage to stand up and break tradition.
- It’s your life and you’re in charge !
We may be just the place for a person like you who wants to test their limits. You will be challenged and supported to reach your goals. Best of all, no one will tell you what you can’t do.
Non-Traditional Careers can mean …
- Higher Wages
- Financial Security
- Good Benefits
- Demand for Skilled Workers
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Freedom to pursue careers related to interests and abilities
- Job Satisfaction
- Fulfilling work
- Opportunity for adventure
- Increased potential for self-sufficiency