Open to the public! Students from the Automotive Technology shop, under the supervision of our experienced instructors, work on automobiles and trucks for individuals from throughout the Old Colony community. Students perform tasks such as basic auto repairs, brake jobs, exhaust systems, wheel alignment, transmission repair, electrical repair and diagnostics, air condition and heating repair, engine performance diagnostics, and more.
Automotive Technology Repair Procedures
Below are the procedures for requesting repairs.
- All customers will be required to read, complete and sign a work order request form. These forms will be available either online here or in both the Automotive Shop and main office. Upon completion, please return the forms to either the Automotive Shop or main office.
- Once the form is completed, the Automotive instructors will review the information, and will contact the customer to schedule an appointment.
- Repair orders will be electronically generated and printed to the main office. As in the past, customers’ keys and slips will be available at the end of the day in the main office.
- Payment in the form of a check, money order and credit are accepted, and is due upon completion of repairs in the main office.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Automotive shop at ext. 190.
If you would like to have your vehicle repaired or serviced at our shop, please consider the following:
- Old Colony Automotive Department does not perform any auto body repairs.
- I understand that only work that meets requirements for curriculum will be done on my vehicle. An instructor will decide what work will be performed.
- I understand that I will be providing my vehicle for student training purposes.I
- I understand that the job may take considerably longer than it would at a regular automotive repair facility.
- I will not hold Old Colony Automotive shop to any verbal time estimate that may be made at the start of a job.
- I am aware that my vehicle may be used for an instructor led demonstration of a particular component, system or diagnostic routine.
- My vehicle will be repaired as a result of diagnoses performed at Old Colony Automotive shop. I understand that I cannot order repairs that are based on my own diagnoses.
- My vehicle is privately owned, not commercially licensed, and not a fleet vehicle. I am not selling this vehicle or component for profit.
- I will not hold Old Colony responsible for any theft or damage that occurs outside of scheduled classes.
Any customer of the Old Colony Auto Shop must read, complete and sign a Work Authorization Form . These forms are available in both the main office and the Automotive shop. You will then be contacted to schedule an appointment.
Good Work Assurance
- All work is inspected by an instructor.
- Any safety related work (brakes, steering etc.) will be road tested by the students who worked on the vehicle, and an instructor.
- Your feedback helps us evaluate our students. Please let us know how we did, while servicing your vehicle.